Welcome

It's now 2011 and I'm not sure where the last 26 years have gone yet somehow here I am. I've just moved out of my parent's family home and have set up a new home with my wonderful boyfriend Ronan in the pretty harbour village of Howth in Dublin ,Ireland .

This blog will follow my journey through 2011 and I will include recipes and cooking/ baking tips I come across throughout the year as well as any 1950's inspired ideas for house, home, fashion and life in general. I hope that some of you out there might be able to share some back. Leave a comment or mail me and say hi!


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cottage Pie and waffle

The cottage pie last night certainly looked good but it was a bit too tomatoey for my liking. I added tin of chopped tomatoes and some paste at Ronan's suggestion ( he insisted there should be tomatoes in a cottage pie ) but it tasted more like a bolognese than what I would regard as a cottage pie.  However, it looked great and was totally edible so a success I guess.

Lots of tummy pains today but Im not letting it rain on my parade. Looking forward to the cinema later. Ronan started his new job in the restaurant downstairs today so I wonder how he's getting on. Roll on 5pm so we can catch up in the car on the way to town for the premier of Morning Glory that I won tickets to.  Will let you know what I rate it tomorrow, if anyone is even out there lol .

Oh I joined the Irish Countrywoman Association even though Im not techincally a countrywoman (yet!) First guild meeting is in early February and I'm really looking forward to it  ,even if I'm the youngest lady in it.

I bought some new red shoes today to go with the red handbag I got for Christmas. The shoes were on sale for €12 so I had to have them for work and they will last me year round I'm sure. They look a bit like this  













Well thats all for today I think. Before I go just  want to say the flood victims in Australia are in my thoughts as are the families of  Michaela Harte who was killed in Mauritius this week. Sad times . 


Stay safe all.

Slan go foill,

Leanne

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog; it’s refreshing, and interesting. I live in the US and was born in the 50's. My favorite era is the 1800's. I love the romantic era of Gone With the Wind. I also like cooking, crafting and ball room dancing. I look forward to reading your posts.

    P.S. Love the shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete