Welcome

It's now 2011 and I'm not sure where the last 26 years have gone yet somehow here I am. I've just moved out of my parent's family home and have set up a new home with my wonderful boyfriend Ronan in the pretty harbour village of Howth in Dublin ,Ireland .

This blog will follow my journey through 2011 and I will include recipes and cooking/ baking tips I come across throughout the year as well as any 1950's inspired ideas for house, home, fashion and life in general. I hope that some of you out there might be able to share some back. Leave a comment or mail me and say hi!


Friday, January 7, 2011

Last Night's Dinner

Well the Dublin Coddle was a great success! It turned out just as my mum made it when I was a kid and I enjoyed it with some lovely crusty French bread -deeeelisssh. 



           Dublin Coddle





I started reading my new book last night,   " A Century of Dance" which follows the growth of various dance styles from the 1900's right up to hip hop in the Noughties. Its good reading for any dancer .





I also spent the rest of the night taking down our Christmas Tree ( sniffle sniffle ) and  ironing piles of clothes, mostly Ronan's shirts. As a result, I was so completely shattered that I didnt even hear Ronan coming in from work in the early hours.  I usually wake when he comes in when I hear the door opening and say hi to him, ask him how his shift was etc. but last night there was just no waking me. I slept great but I'm still tired so I'm very thankful it's Friday so I can stay in bed late tomorrow .


Also plan on going to feed the seals down at the harbour tomorrow, weather permitting of course. Hopefully I can take some nice photos and will post back on Monday.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend and no doubt I will be back on Monday with more random ranting .

Slan go foil,


Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment