In the meantime, just to tide you over, here's a recipe I've written for my version of Spanish Chicken. Perfect for a lovely sunny day like today. Feels ( and smells ) like summer! Enjoy!
2 large chicken breasts
100g chorizo, diced
200g new potatoes ,cut into cubes/ quarters
1 small red pepper, chopped
1 small green pepper chopped
1 small yellow pepper chopped ( optional)
300g baby leaf spinach
2 tbsp country relish/ Ballymaloe relish and/or sour cream ( optional)
1. Boil the new potato pieces in hot water ,skins on, for 6-8 minutes until soft. Then slightly rough them up by using a potato masher and lightly pressing it onto the potatoes so that the skins break and the edges are rough.
2. Place the chicken breasts on a roasting tray and cover with some olive oil and put into the oven at 200c for 20mins until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, add the potato pieces to a frying pan and fry in oil for 5 mins until they go golden and crisp.
4. Add the chorizo and the peppers to the potatoes and mix well. Cook until the peppers have softened and the chorizo goes cripsy.Some oil will come out of the chorizo when its done.
5. Arrange a handful of the spinach leaves on a plate, place the hot chicken breast on top. Put a portion of the chorizo potatoes on the side of the plate and garnish with a spoonful of relish/sour cream.
© Leanne Whelan, 2011